Two families – July 2019
The place is absolutely sublime. With two main houses, the estate is designed to accommodate up to eight people while providing sufficient privacy also for two separate groups of travelers. All rooms are tastefully furnished in modern Bali style and meticulously clean. The four spacious bedrooms each have a private attached bathroom (one with an outside shower!), two a separate dressing room. We enjoyed the crystal clear pool in the well-kept garden. Watching the sunset from one of the terraces, with a splendid view towards Java, was one of our daily highlights. The staff is extremely friendly and hospitable. Koman took us on interesting day trips to waterfalls, Buddhist temples and old villages, rice and coffee plantations. He also organized a snorkeling tour at one of the famous diving areas on the northern coast of Bali. Putu the maid is an excellent cook and served delicious local dishes following our preferences. We savored the Balinese cuisine in different and very tasteful ways: fresh fruits from the garden for breakfast, different menus for the kids and the adults in the evening accompanied by an interesting wine selection. We definitely recommend Villa Cahaya for spending most relaxing holidays in tropical surroundings.
Alexandra & family (Germany) – April 2019
We liked it a lot. Putu and Mary took care very well. They were accommodating, helpful and cooked great. Extremely great job of all of them. Your property is great, leaves no open wishes. We were able to deeply relax and intensively enjoyed our vacation
Nicki & friends – February 2019
A fantastic beautiful and clean property to relax and feel good. Very friendly, helpful staff. The food was delicious. There is also the possibility of a private car service, so you can see a lot of the island. Highly Recommended! Top!
Maria & friend – September 2018
We have never been in Indonesia and have chosen Villa Cahaya because of the intensive care and their comprehensive recommendations regarding trips and sightseeing’s. They really helped to feel safe and comfortably and we have learned a lot about Bali’s traditions.
Christina & friends (Germany) - September 2018
- We were a group of seven people eager to see Bali’s real nature and to enjoy traditional food & culture.
- Villa Cahaya and the whole team made it easy for us to fulfill our wishes; the recommandations and organisation of trips as well as Putu’s food were fantastic.
- The housing area and especially the astonishing pool was great and we enjoyed beautiful moments during sunset, completed by a thoughtful selection of wine.
- Villa Cahaya’s atmosphere is absolutely quiet and relaxing.
- We highly recommend this place and it’s team around Komang and Putu!
Sylvia & friends (Austria) – April 2018
- What a beautiful place! A saw a lot of unique travel spots around the world - this was created and is operating with love and passion which you can feel every day.
- As a hotel owner, I know how much daily effort is necessary to satisfy guests; Villa Cahaya is certainly a place which I will recommend.
Michael & family (Germany) – March 2018
- We have been at Villa Cahaya with two teenagers and we were overwhelmed about the team’s welfare.
- Putu considered all of our food wishes and even managed to take care about one of my daughter’s food intolerance.
- Komang chose wonderful day trips and we can say that we got a comprehensive insight of Bali’s nature as well as it’s habitant’s.
- The design and structure of the villa helped all of us to recreate at the best; there are so many spots where you can be by oneself or be together like the generous terraces or the magnificent pool area with its big adjacent “Bale”.
Ulrica & Kjell (Finland) – February 2018
- This was our first Bali tour.
- We were happy with everything at Villa Cahaya and didn't find anything to add.
- Let me express how pleased we were with Komang and Putu, but I would like to congratulate the owners for having found a positive, calm team in which a visitor can have confidence. My reading of their behavior was that they are not "actors in a play" but "real people".
- The facility was equipped traditionally/stylish as shown/promised to us beforehand and we did not miss anything.
- All trips recommended from the team were well thoughtfully selected and organized and gave us a perfect inside of Bali’s real nature and beauty. Sure we would not have found all these spots by ourselves.
- A place to enjoy!
Moni & Alex (Germany) – January 2018
- Very nice and exclusive resort equipped with very good material and local interior/furniture.
- Very good and friendly, skillful, discrete Cahaya team under professional lead of Komang as site manager.
- Excellent Balinese/Indonesian food and menu prepared and served by wonderful and sympathetic Putu.
- Safe and very careful driver service, as well as skillful in organizing interesting excursions.
- overall very good technical infrastructure in villa: WLAN in villa area and in car, all reliable with only very little outages; water distribution excellent, air-condition very good, beds excellent; pool always clean and well maintained.